Monday, December 20, 2010

A buying mistake

This Shiraz is one of several rug purchases I made on e-bay a few years ago. It is about 6'7" x 9 and has a knot count of approximately 80 kpsi. It arrived as described and I don't have "a fortune" invested in it. As a matter of fact, until I had a photo of it looked at on the RugRag forum, I was pretty proud of it and the bargain I got. Then the pros over there pointed out what seems almost painfully obvious now - it is missing the guard border on both ends.

Duh. A great learning experience.

Okay, so now I am not quite as proud of it, but it still fills a spot very nicely.



1 comment:

  1. It may be missing some of the original rug, but remember why you ere attracted to the rug and why you bought it. Sometimes "mistakes" make the best stories.

    ReplyDelete